Terms & Conditions
User Registration of Interest
- Only registered customers who paid a booking fee of RM1,000 and agree to the Terms and Conditions of The Makeover Guys Group Deal may use the services offered on the Website.
- To be a registered person of interest, the User must meet the following requirements (and the User confirms that they will meet such requirements during the whole period of use of the Website):
- if the User is a natural person, they must be at least 18 years old, and a Malaysian resident.
- the User owns a bank account and has the right to use the account and funds on it (if available);
- the User is not subject to insolvency proceedings and has not been declared insolvent;
- the User’s active legal capacity has not been restricted.
- The User shall register their interest on the Website by leaving the contact details required by The Makeover Guys.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to refuse from entertaining a User who has registered their interest on the Website without disclosing the reason for such refusal.
User Identification and Transaction Confirmation
- The Makeover Guys shall verify the User in accordance with the internal provisions of The Makeover Guys Group Deal, which require the User to transfer in the event of registering interest to group-buy a listed property, at a sum of Ringgit Malaysia 1000 per unit of property, from the User’s Bank Account to The Makeover Guys Account. In such case The Makeover Guys will verify the User on the basis of information received from the bank. The User shall specify their User ID in the details of payment of the aforementioned payment.
- To identify a User, The Makeover Guys shall have the right to contact the User at its own discretion and at any time with a request for additional documents or information, and to unilaterally establish additional requirements for user verification, and to make changes to the verification process of a User.
- By submitting the User’s personal information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and by transferring funds into The Makeover Guys Account the User confirms their wish to use the Website and services offered on the Website in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to decline or cancel any registration for interest, to return the funds transferred to The Makeover Guys Account and/or to withdraw from / cancel any transaction when:
- the User does not follow the Terms;
- The Makeover Guys has suspicions in regard to the identity of the User and The Makeover Guys has not received the information from the User required for the identification of the User in a timely manner;
- The Makeover Guys wishes to specify circumstances related to a transaction but the User has not submitted the requested information on time;
- an order given by the User is unclear or distorted due to disruptions in communication;
- the User does not respond to requests made by The Makeover Guys within the required time limit;
- in other cases at the discretion of The Makeover Guys.
The Makeover Guy’s Account and Payment Terms
- In order to use services offered on the Website, the User must transfer funds to The Makeover Guys Account.
- The User shall transfer funds to The Makeover Guys Account solely in their own name and from the User’s Bank Account.
- The User undertakes to specify their Full name, IC number and email for all payments transferred to The Makeover Guys Account. If a payment is made without the Full name, IC number and email, The Makeover Guys shall have the right to deem the payment to have not been made until the determination of the purpose of such payment.
- The Makeover Guys shall use the funds transferred by the User to The Makeover Guys Account only in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein.
- All payments made to The Makeover Guys Account shall be made in Ringgit Malaysia. If the User makes a payment in another currency than Ringgit Malaysia, The Makeover Guys shall have the right to convert the respective amount into Ringgit Malaysia in a credit or payment institution selected by The Makeover Guys, and at the exchange rate of the service provider selected by The Makeover Guys. Any costs related to the payment or conversion shall be incurred by the User.
- The User undertakes to ensure a sufficient amount of unreserved funds in the User’s Account in order to duly fulfil their obligations arising from transactions. Otherwise, the User can not use the services offered via the Website.
- It is not allowed to transfer unlawfully acquired funds to The Makeover Guys Account. In case of suspicious activities, respective authorities will be notified which might lead to the seizure of the funds in the User’s Bank Account or another account and closing of any accounts belonging to the User and confiscation of funds. If The Makeover Guys has concerns, at the registration of the User or during the contract period, regarding committed or attempted money laundering or terrorist financing, The Makeover Guys shall have the right to refuse to accept funds from the User.
Rights and Obligations of the User
- The User undertakes to:
- not use the Website to perform unlawful actions, including for committing a fraud or laundering money;
- only submit correct information when registering on and using the Website;
- only use safe electronic communication and data transfer devices and equipment;
- notify The Makeover Guys in writing immediately, but not later than within 3 (three) Working Days, of any changes to the first name, last name, email address, account number of the User or any other information submitted by the User on the Website;
- display good manners in their communication with The Makeover Guys and to follow generally accepted moral standards.
- By agreeing to the current Terms and Conditions, the User confirms that they are capable of making independent decisions, and that they understand all risks, including the risk of deals not being secured.
- The User is aware and understands that The Makeover Guys undertakes, to some extent, to ensure the confidentiality of the information of third persons providing the Security.
- The Makeover Guys gives no warranty or assurance in respect of the content of the Website and/or any information available on the Website.
- Neither The Makeover Guys nor any of its agents, employees, directors, nominees, associated companies and/or holding company shall be liable to the User or any other party for any claim, loss, demand or damages whatsoever (whether such claims, loss, demands or damages were foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or reliance on any information, content or materials included on the Website.
- The use of this platform by the User does not create any contractual rights between The Makeover Guys, its employees, agents, directors, nominees, associated companies and/or holding company and the User in respect of any purchase of property/ies from the property developer.
- The Makeover Guys will not be held liable for group deals that are not successfully closed.
- If the User suffers damage as a result of unlawful activities carried out by The Makeover Guys, The Makeover Guys shall compensate the User only for the direct consequential damage. The amount of compensation for damage is limited to the amount on The Makeover Guys Account at the moment when the damage was incurred.
- The Makeover Guys shall have no liability to the User for any damage that the User has suffered or could have suffered as a result of using the Website including for any damage that has occurred for the following reasons:
- the User has not performed their contractual obligations, where applicable;
- the damage has occurred as a result of unlawful operations of third persons up to the moment when the User Profile is blocked
- disruptions in communication and other disruptions and obstructions not controlled by The Makeover Guys;
- delay in the performance of User’s obligations to pay registration of interest fee
Personal Data of the User
- By using the Website, the User hereby agrees that The Makeover Guys may collect, obtain, store and process the User’s personal data provided on this Website for the purpose of receiving updates, news, promotional and marketing mails or materials from The Makeover Guys.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to process the personal data of the User received from the User, and to transfer and accept the personal data of the User and other information from third persons, databases and record-keeping systems and to process such data.
- The personal data of the User will be processed in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein for the following purposes:
- provision of services offered on the Website;
- processing of submissions performed on the Website;
- identification of the User;
- forwarding of marketing messages on the products and offers by The Makeover Guys to the mailing and e-mail address and phone number
- other purposes arising from the Terms and Conditions
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to disclose the personal data of the User:
- to any party in respect of the performance of The Makeover Guys services;
- to service providers that The Makeover Guys has engaged for the provision of services to the extent in which the data is necessary for carrying out the tasks assigned to such service providers;
- to third persons who carry out recovery procedures in respect to the User (e.g. companies specialising in debt recovery, lawyers, bailiffs, trustees in bankruptcy, etc.);
- to companies that provide The Makeover Guys legal, accounting or audit services, by assuring that such persons undertake to maintain the confidentiality of such information; and/or
- to any relevant governmental authorities or third parties where The Makeover Guys is required to do so by law or for any legal purposes.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to contact the User by calling or sending text messages to the phone number provided by a mobile network operator or any other phone number, and to send emails to the email address specified in the User Profile or to send mail to the mailing address of the User.
- “Personal Data” referred to herein shall include all data defined within the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 including all data the User had disclosed to The Makeover Guys when using this Website.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to, without prior notice, limit the right of the User to use the Website and/or delete the User Profile when:
- the User breaches the Terms and Conditions, or uses the Website unlawfully in any other manner;
- the User provides The Makeover Guys incorrect or misleading information or forged documents;
- The Makeover Guys has concerns regarding committed or attempted money laundering or terrorist financing by participation of the User.
Procedure in the Event of Insolvency of The Makeover Guys
- In the event of insolvency of The Makeover Guys, all transaction via the Website will be immediately suspended.
- In the event of insolvency of The Makeover Guys, The Makeover Guys shall perform all actions that are required for a third person to take over the administration and management arising from the Website, and shall inform all Users of such circumstances.
- All transactions with The Makeover Guys shall be carried out in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) or in other currency accepted by The Makeover Guys and specified on the Website.
- If the meaning of numbers used herein has been expressed both in words and in digits and if there is a discrepancy between these two forms of expression, the meaning of the number expressed in words shall be considered correct.
- For the purpose of developing and improving the services offered via the Website, The Makeover Guys shall have the right to unilaterally make changes to the current Terms and Conditions.
- The Makeover Guys my shall have the right to unilaterally make changes to the registration of interest fee of RM1000.00 per unit.
- The Makeover Guys shall have the right to unilaterally withdraw any group deals that have been listed on the Website without the need to provide any reason whatsoever.